Years of running, jumping and walking take a toll on your pet's joints. When your once energetic cat or dog starts to slows down or appears to be in pain, osteoarthritis may be to blame. The disea ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
FUN CAT FACTS
- Cats have over 100 different vocal sounds.
- Calico cats are almost always female.
- Cats knead with their paws when they are happy.
- A male cat is called a Tom and a female cat is called a Queen.
- Cats can get tapeworm from eating mice.
- Most cats are lactose intolerant and should not be given cow’s milk.
- An adult cat has 30 adult teeth.
- Cats can run up to 30 miles per hour.
- A cat can jump about 7 times its height.
- A female cat carries her kittens for about 58-65 days before they are born.
- The average cat sleeps 16-18 hours per day.
- A cat’s sense of smell is about 14 times greater than a person’s.
- A group of kittens is called a “kindle” a group of adult cats is called a
- Cats have 5 toes on each front paw, but only 4 toes on each back paw.
- Cats that fall 5 stories have a 90% survival rate.
- Cats cannot taste anything sweet.
FUN DOG FACTS
- An adult dog has 42 teeth.
- A dog’s smell is more than 1,000,000 times stronger than that of a person.
- More than 1 in 3 families in the United States owns a dog.
- Spaying or neutering your dog can help prevent certain types of cancer.
- If never spayed or neutered a pair of dogs can produce 66,000 puppies in 6
- A dog’s sense of hearing is more than ten times more accurate than that of
- The average dog can run about 19 miles per hour at full speed.
- Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the bible.
- A dog’s nose print is one of a kind, very similar to a person’s fingerprint.
- The average body temperature for a dog is 101.2.
- With an average lifespan of just over 11 years, the typical dog costs
- The only sweat glands a dog has are between its toes.
- Dogs are omnivorous; they need to eat more than just meat.
- Dogs have twice as many ear muscles as people.
- Dogs will be submissive to anyone they feel is higher up in the pack.
- People have been keeping dogs for pets for 12,000 years.
- A female dog carries her puppies for about 60 days before they are born.
- It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They actually see color, just not as
vividly as a person.
- Obesity is the number 1 health problem in dogs.
- 70% of people sign their pets name on greeting/holiday cards.